Week 1

Why did I choose this FYS?

I've always been fascinated by mythology and the way that they tell stories, I took this class to see how the Grimm brothers told their stories and how Disney evolved or changed them into the beloved films and stories that we know today. Even though I knew who the Grimm brothers were before taking this class, I didn't know how many stories and contributions they had made to society. Another reason that I took this class was to learn how to better analyze film when you learn something about a specific topic it changes your perception of a film.

What do I want to achieve this Semester?

I want to see how the Grimm brothers evolved their stories over time as they grew more experienced, such as did anything change from their first fairy tale to the last one they had written? I also want to see how Disney took those fairy tales and changed them, and if there are any huge differences between the two.

What is my favorite fairy tale?

My favorite fairy tale would be Princess and the Frog because it shows that even though some or something is different than you that it can be something different on the inside. It is also one of my favorite Disney animation movies, the music and how colorful it is compared to most other movies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #4: Rags to Riches

Week 2 Comparing "The Brothers Grimm" to the real Brothers Grimm